Our HOA & mgmt company have 2 assessments, 1 for each of 2…

Customer Question
Our HOA & mgmt...

Our HOA & mgmt company have 2 assessments, 1 for each of 2 different groups. Covenants dictate that these assessments are to be held in separate accounts and that they may only be used solely for the expenses of the group assessed. They randomly pay group 1's expenses from group 2's assessments and vice versa. They also refuse to allow members to access other than summary financial records that don't list the specific expenses paid.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Against them? No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment. There's lots more but these are the 2 primary issues

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.I see no legal basis for the violations you have outlined. The residents should collectively complain and demand immediate corrective action and if needed threaten legal action or vote them out at next opportunity. This would be an abuse of discretion.
If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.