Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am attempting to reopen the Parental Plan portion in a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am attempting...
Second opinion] I am attempting to reopen the Parental Plan portion in a finalized Dissolution of Marriage case in Monroe County Florida requesting for "sole" custody of my daughter. At this time, it is indicated as "shared" custody and indicated for my daighter to reside with me. The other parent has agreed to the full custody decision. I contacted Monroe County clerk and was advised it would be $50 to reopen the case for it to be reviewed by a judge. We just need to make that 1 change related to the custody portion. What form do I need to use if I will be representing myself? I am relocating to Georgia, would that require a 2nd form? Lastly, does my ex-wife and I both need to sign the same form and both be present to have it notarized? She is very difficult to coordinate with.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

For relocation purposes the following form can be used, signed and notarized by both parties, and submitted to the court; this is specific to relocation issues:

http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/995c.pdf

That is a state issued form and can be used throughout the state.

If a party is attempting to modify custody provisions not related to the move here is a sample - this is for a different county but can be used as a template:

http://www.circuit5.org/c5/wp-admin/Docs/Family%20Law/Family%20Court%20Checklists/Checklist%2012.993%20Joint%20Stipulation%20to%20Modify%20Parental%20Responsiblity,%20Support,%20and%20Time%20Sharing.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer