Can you recommend a law firm in Illinois to go against

Customer Question
Can you recommend a...

Can you recommend a law firm in Illinois to go against Ameren of Illinois for punitive damages?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. Formal complaint with ICC. Hearing in Springfield next Wednesday.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Any firms that have had previous cases against Ameren?
We can not recommend specific firms but those directories are used by lawyers and you can narrow the search by location and specific experience!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
If I win the complaint at the hearing, how do I proceed to receive punitive damages?
You would ask the court. The court may schedule separate hearing for that or consider it on its own.
Good luck!!
Would the Commerece Commission handle this or would it be done in a Civil Court?
Answer??????
Can you not answer my question?
Civil court.
Okay. So how do I proceed, if, and after the Judge rules in my favor with punitive damages?
Do you understand my question?
Looks like I've wasted $5.00 and my time. I'll definitely be giving you a BAD Rating.
I am sorry for the delay. Was having WiFi issues.
The judge will consider punitive damages and will either do so at the same hearing or subsequent hearing.
I would have my evidence ready to submit on the issue. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
I would focus on showing the other side acted in bad faith to support the relief!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
My apologies again.
Tina, Lawyer