In the state of Wisconsin can i legally evict my renter from…

Customer Question
In the state...

In the state of Wisconsin can i legally evict my renter from not paying three mothd

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sheboygan Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes some landlords tell me i can cause we have a verbal agreement and she didn't pay her security deposit

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I think you are telling me there is no written lease. Is that correct? How long has your tenant lived in your property?

No lease and lived here since April. She hasn't paid rent in full at all

She would be considered a month to month tenant and you can evict her non payment.

"Month-to-Month Tenancy:

• Notice for Failure to Pay Rent: If the tenant is a month-to-month tenant and fails to pay rent, the landlord has two options when giving the tenant notice. The landlord can give the tenant a five-day notice to pay or vacate. This notice informs the tenant that the tenant has five days to either pay rent or move out of the rental unit, or the landlord will file an eviction lawsuit against the tenant. The other option is for the landlord to give the tenant a 14-day notice to vacate. This notice informs the tenant that the tenant must move out of the rental unit by the end of 14 days (without giving the tenant the option to pay rent), or the landlord will file an eviction lawsuit against the tenant (see Wis. Stat. Ann. § 704.17(1)(a))." https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/the-eviction-process-wisconsin-rules-landlords-property-managers.html

This is a sample of the notice form. https://eforms.com/eviction/wi/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you still online with me? Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Yes, you can legally evict a tenant for not paying rent even without a written lease. Are you online with me?