Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The city of Pierpont s.d. many problems they do not want to…

Customer Question
The city of Pierpont...

The city of Pierpont s.d. many problems they do not want to fix any of them.#1 sewer system is a mess. the state tells me that WE [Citizens group have to get a civil Lawer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have talked to the state, they have done a report but it is not on the net yet. the state knows of the problems but says they cant do anything .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

City says the sewer is ok. And city council says they don't want to do anything about the problems such as low lagoons and many of the residents having backed up sewers one lady even had a sewer man from sewer duct and they told her that it is over 150 when they found a block nthe bank is also having troubles

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

what I want is to find a lawyer that we can hire as a group to sue the city

I see what you mean. I'm sorry to hear about this situation; however, this website doesn't offer representation directly.

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Here is the link for the South Dakota click here.

Did you have other specific questions that I may be able to help you with in the interim?

how do I get my money back you have not helped me at all

I understand. You can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** to discuss a refund:-)

Tina, Lawyer