Wife took a $3000.00 loan secured with cat title. Lending…

Customer Question
Wife took a $3000.00...

Wife took a $3000.00 loan secured with cat title. Lending agency told her that payments would be %360.00 monthly. whrnshe paid her first payment, she was told that she had to renew the note. this note was folr one month only and had to be renewed monthly. The $360.00 payment only covered the interest. Nothing was payrd on the principle. She was not aware of this and was informed only a month after the loan was secured. there was no paperwork given when tie loan was secured. I think she was deceived and is a victim of fraud The lending agency, Title Max. misled her and did not in good faith give her an honest quote on the amount of the loan payment. We both are on a fixed income with high expenses from poor health. this debt as it is now structured could cost us our hyome and car.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Texas, the car is a 2011 Lexus.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I have no problem with the car or the manufacturer. My problem is with a fradulent loan.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I covered most of the deyails.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Lenders are supposed to provide a truth in lending statement in writing. It sounds like this company may also have violated that law.

There are some steps that you can take to try to rectify this:

1) File a complaint with the Texas Attorney General. They will investigate and may be able to resolve this for you. See:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

2) The Federal Trade Commission also has jurisdiction over fraudulent lenders. You may wish to file a complaint with them as well. See:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

There is no cost for filing these complaints.

3) Also check with the DMV to find out if there actually is a lien filed against the title of the car. If there is you need to be careful that they do not repossess the car. The loan documents very likely authorized them to repossess the car without Notice. If you can park the car in an inside garage you may wish to do that until you have this resolved.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald