A tree fell on my house on 2 March. Service Master was at my…

Customer Question
A tree fell on...

A tree fell on my house on 2 March. Service Master was at my door within minutes.Contract was signed.Estimates for work late April. Work mostly completed.No receipts given.Construction company wants all of $ listed on estimate even though some things were not done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mass.but construction company is from Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time .They are threatening liglal action if I don’t pay the entire bill asap

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they did not complete all of the things that were done on the estimate. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Some of the charges are tor removing and reinstalling kitchen cabinets, microwave and refrigerator. ($1,133.40) This did not need to be done and was not deleted from the bill. I am an almost 76 year single female and feel like they think I can be intimidated.NOT ME!,

I can certainly understand. If they're charging you for work not done, then it's a breach of contract and possibly even fraud. I'd recommend taking some action, starting with the link I provided.

Did you have any other questions for me at all?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.