A friend of mine had her name signed to a contract for

Customer Question
A friend of mine...

A friend of mine had her name signed to a contract for payment. She never authorized anyone to sign on her behalf and now is being sued for the cost of the goods? Help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida..She was apartner in a cheer business and someone signed her name. Being sued for $14000. Can prove not her signature

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She was served and has 20 days to respond. She sent everything to me to ask what she can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than its not her signature...no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Does your friend know who signed her name without authority?