My question is, my fiance passed away during child birth. I…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. My name...

Good afternoon. My name is ***** *****, and my question is, my fiance passed away during child birth. I file for wrongful death and damages to our living child. The case settled after 11 years. Before hand, I appointed my sister as the administrator of my son's mother's estate and guardian of my son's property, which was approved by a judge. Since then, I feel that advocating on behalf of my son has been very minimal. What steps can I take to remove my sister?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

New York State, and yes I do have the copies of medical records.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The case's (two) have been settled already. One was settled in 2016 and the other one this year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, my son have an estate set up and his mothers

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you so much for your patience on this. So, generally if you are looking to have someone removed as a guardian, then you need to submit a petition to have a guardian removed. You basically have to go back through the courts to unwind this situation. You can nominate a new guardian over the estate if you would like, including yourself. It is helpful if they agree, but if they don't, then you can convince the court that she should be removed.

What other questions did you have for me?