I live in fort myers fl. Iwrote 2 bad checks on feb. 14 1996…

Customer Question
I live in fort...

I live in fort myers fl. Iwrote 2 bad checks on feb. 14 1996 they want me to go to Seneca Town Court on feb. 14 2018.They say that this is a class b mist. I would like to send the money for the checks with fine money and not have to go to court. Is this possible they want me to appear do I have to go there. the amount of checks is 285 dollars the date I wrote the checks is feb.*****is in Stanley n.y. Ontario county.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New York state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tguess I got a letter in the saying I have a warrant is what it said in the letter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don'what else to say i would like mail them a check with fine money and forget it if possible.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

How long have you lived in Florida?