I have a insurance problem I have a out of pocket expense of…

Customer Question
I have a insurance...

I have a insurance problem I have a out of pocket expense of $8000.00 I have depleted all my options.They refuse to pay for my insured vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All things they have asked of me I’ve done This has been on going on for months.I have sent notarized papers.talked to their attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have hired another attorney which I took I don’t have money and he charged me 500 now he’s asking for seven more.I don’t have that kind of money

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I had my car stolen for fourth time.I was at my brothers place.All of these incidents happened at his place.When I came there that night I was ill.My granddaughter came over that morning.She was in front of the house and called from outside to see where I was .I responded I’m here she said your car isn’t.I just had gotten it back.I just didn’t want to call my insurance company again.I told them she had it.Now they don’t want to cover my claim
I'm sorry to hear about that. Did they say why they weren't covering this claim? Did you contact the police to file a police report?
They said I changed my story i have sent notarized papers I haves talked to their attorney I granddaughter was the one who made police report.As I said I just didn’t want to call my insurance again I had a panic attack and just couldn’t call for a fourth time..But the car was stolen and I had insurance.My car is a 2015 Flex I have paid my premium and have my car since April.I have paid so far over 8000.00 out of pocket for rental
I understand and I'm very sorry about your situation. What other questions did you have that I may be able to help you with?
What actions should I take I would love to drive my car again since I’m paying for it.
The rental car that I had was paid I by insurance company received the letter .

I would probably recommend contacting an insurance broker when you have the chance to find out who can give you insurance, compare the rates, and then go ahead and sign up with them. This way, if you end up driving the car, if you get pulled over, you won't be given a citation for driving without car insurance. What else can I help you with today?

The answer you gave does not apply to my question.i told u my car is insured my issuance company is holding up my claim

Hello, I'm sorry for any confusion. So, I don't see that you said that they were holding up your claim. I'll tell you what, let me opt out of the discussion and I'll see if another expert may be able to help you unwind this a little bit better:-).

Ok how long will that take
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today. I see the other expert, who is excellent, opted out so I will try to assist.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Can you list what all you have done, in a numbered list please, beginning with "1) Called the police", if that is the first step you took after you were informed your car was gone?

You refer to claims and notarized papers, etc. so I need a more complete timeline.

I found my car stolen on 4/11/17
My car was there at 11pm
My granddaughter and I made a report to police
I called my insurance company in panic mold.I had just got my car back 2 maths
Prior
I was told I needed to give a notarized statement I did
I then had a investigator meet with me
I then agreed to meet with their lawyer
I then sent phone records for 4 maths I did
My granddaughter talked to them also they were trying to intrigate her
So I’ve been fighting this by myself my granddaughter refused to talk with them again she said enough
So that’s my situation

I understand now, thanks for typing that all out.

The first step for you would be to file a complaint with the state. In Michigan that agecny is the DEaprtment of Financial Services and the webpage to start a complaint is http://www.michigan.gov/difs/0,5269,7-303-12902_12907---,00.html

The only issue with the complaint to the state is that they typically don't work fast. The time varies considerably and I'm not sure how busy they would be at this time of the year. However, in your complaint be sure and advise them that the insurance company has canceled the rental car and that this is causing you great hardship with the weather and the holiday season.

You may also want to look for a different lawyer. If so, you can find a lawyer to assist you by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need. You may also consider talking to your lawyer and see if he would agree to take the remainder of the case on a % basis.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I found u guys because I’m low income the attorney that I was connected to wanted 1200 at this time I’m trying to maintain a rental car payments

I understand. Most attorney do these type of cases initially on a "by the hour" basis because if they do it on a % most people get mad when it's time to pay them since they lose 40% of what they recover. The amount he is charging you is not unreasonable, but I certainly understand having a problem with finances at this time of the year.

At this point the lawyer may be willing to consider it on a % basis because he can ask for attorney's fees from the insurance company as well. You usually have to file a lawsuit to get them, but that's the procedure. You can also consider going to Legal Aid but they rarely get involved in Consumer Law cases.

Filing the complaint with the state doesn't cost you anything.

I got a answer this morning saying the JA couldn’t help me was that u

No, I didn't send it and I'm not sure why you would have gotten that. I answered all your questions above and was just waiting on the Positive Rating from you. That could be something you get before they close the question since it has been open a couple of days and hasn't been rated yet. Looking at your answer history I saw that the moderators had closed three questions before, I can't see them since they are closed but it looks like they weren't rated.

I would ask you to go ahead and issue 5 Star Positive Rating so that I receive the credit and it will also ensure that the question remains open for follow ups in the future if you think of them.

I did rate it yesterday I have scolded down I don’t see it.No problem I do that

Thank you very much.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney