I was staying an apartment, i renewed the lease 4 months…

Customer Question
I was staying an...

I was staying an apartment , i renewed the lease 4 months back . When i first freshly signed a lease i got a concession . the second time i renewed the lease , they increased the rent , and it still has concession stated . In the lease breach clause , they have stated that the concession amount has to be paid back . is the lease agreement valid ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know , the lease is valid or not , i want to move out since they have provided wrong information in the lease

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
the concession is .5 months of the rent , they have carried forward the statement from previous agreement . The amount , i nevere recieved it . I want to move out and need to break the lease. This statement makes that i need to pay the concession back , which i have not recieved . is the rental agreement is valid ?
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you saying that they just changed the dates and the amount of rent on the renewal lease, left the concession in, but you never actually received it?

.

.

thanks