I extended more than one day but 3 days. The police won't do…

Customer Question
Thanks. I extended more than...
Thanks. I extended more than one day but 3 days. The police won't do anything unless I say I want them arrested for trespassing on my property. They tore the NO Tresspassing sign off, but not before I took a picture.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Thank You for your request.

If you have already a writ of possession it can be enforced by law enforcement.

Otherwise, you need to apply for a writ even after being granted a judgment.

The law sets this out:

"

(a) A judgment for possession of real property may be enforced by a writ of possession of real property issued pursuant to Section 712.010 .  The application for the writ shall provide a place to indicate that the writ applies to all tenants, subtenants, if any, name of claimants, if any, and any other occupants of the premises.

(b) In addition to the information required by Section 712.020 , the writ of possession of real property shall contain the following:

(1) A description of the real property, possession of which is to be delivered to the judgment creditor in satisfaction of the judgment.

(2) A statement that if the real property is not vacated within five days from the date of service of a copy of the writ on the occupant or, if the copy of the writ is posted, within five days from the date a copy of the writ is served on the judgment debtor, the levying officer will remove the occupants from the real property and place the judgment creditor in possession."

Yes, you need to either allow the police act on the writ or not.

You need to be careful that a new private agreement with the tenants could amount to a binding agreement.

Just a reminder that I rely on your positive feedback to get a credit today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS before your exit.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer