I am preparing a lease for a rental house. Is a form lease…

I am preparing a...

I am preparing a lease for a rental house. Is a form lease sufficient and if there is a problem with a tenant would I have more problems getting them out with a lease. House is in state of PA. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

12/11/2017
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is a form lease sufficient

.

Sure, if you have purchased a lease locally from an office supply store or downloaded one from a forms site, they should comply with all PA requirements in a lease contract. Very few people actually draft up their own leases..

.

and if there is a problem with a tenant would I have more problems getting them out with a lease.

.

Actually it would be easier because you can point to a specific lease provision they are violating and pursue an eviction that way.. If you just have an oral agreement, you would have a hard time proving a breach of the lease other than nonpayment of rent..

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney