I just obtained a debt consolidation loan at a very high…

Customer Question
I just obtained a...

I just obtained a debt consolidation loan at a very high interest rate, the money has not been deposited into my account yet. it will take 3 to five business days. My wife filed for divorce over the weekend. Can i called the loan company and tell them i dont want the loan and to stop the deposit. What are my options. I will not be able to pay it back now with the divorce proceedings. Help!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Las Vegas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i threaten to filed chapter 13?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/10/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Do you have a copy of the contract? If so, does it have a section on how you can cancel the consolidation plan?

No i dont have a copy of the contract. it was done electronically.

Thanks for the clarification. You should be able to cancel the debt consolidation plan.Generally, the plan is a voluntary agreement. You can cancel anytime, for any reason. So, you can call the loan company and tell it that you want to cancel the plan. if you did it online, you can attempt to find the option on the website to cancel the plan. The contract you have with the debt settlement company should have specified exactly how you can cancel it.

If you have any further questions, just let me know. I am happy to continue to assist you.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Hello again: Were you able to cancel the plan?

Just checking whether you got all that you needed from Just Answer. If so, let me know. if not, let me know. Thank you.