Can the police tape a ticket to your door for noise

Customer Question
Can the police tape...

Can the police tape a ticket to your door for noise ordinances violations an prosecute without even contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Illinois and 30min ago police came and put a ticket on door with a court date an a $150 fine

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Umm no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Same violation with same procedure 2 times now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. So, you should not ignore the hearing. You should show up and tell the Court why you should not be ordered to pay the fine.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.