I tripped on a stack of boxes left on the floor, the girl…

Customer Question
I tripped on a...

I tripped on a stack of boxes left on the floor, the girl kept saying how sorry she was, the manager first thing tried to blame me because they were by the front counter, but I didn't see it sticking out & told her I did not go behind the counter. I thank God did not break anything went to quick care, their ins. called me said go to the doctors to make sure nothing was wrong, told me to file with my Medicare & supplement ins. they would pay them back this I found out is not supposed to be done that way they are to pay up front they do this so they putout a lot less money I know he was wrong because a family member works for this ins. company. he asked me what kind of shoes I was wearing &if I was going to get a lawyer. I told him I did not know he said they had film of what happened & he would call me back. in one or two days. Well he never did (think he's hoping I will drop it) I told him I twisted my back & hurt my neck kit my knee said my knee felt better didn't realize it to was going to get worse. I already have back issues & this fall took me over a month to get over, I was given Methylprednisolone Tabs 4 mg twice & Naproxen. This happened Apx.April 26th 2017. I have not heard one word from Walgreens since the first call, I don't know who the case worker is nor do I know the phone number. The worse part was how this manager accused me that I did something wrong & she was very mean about it she talked to me like I was stupid she totally insulted me. I had no intention of calling a lawyer BUT the way I was treated & no one brothering to call me I think that's cause if they have film they see it was not my fault. The only one nice was the cashier who keep saying how sorry she was. Please tellme what to do I am so suset by the way I was talked to & then blowing me off Like I don't matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Il

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My doctors office told me to go to quick care I think the rep that called me from Walgreens did fill out a report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I would lke to be respected & some kind of payout for my pain & suffering both body wise & mental trauma it caused me. they treated me like durt

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/9/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am terribly sorry to hear this; hopefully your injuries are not too severe.

A company can be sued under the negligence theory if an employee leaves merchandise in a dangerous area where a customer is likely to trip or injure themselves from it. Negligence is defined as a failure to perform with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. The behavior usually consists of actions, but may consist of omissions when there is some duty to act. This cause of action has 5 elements: the existence of a legal duty to exercise reasonable care; a failure to exercise reasonable care; harm caused by the negligent conduct; physical harm of actual damages; and proximate cause (reasonably foreseeable damages).

Premise liability is codified by the state legislature (please see here

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2048&ChapterID=57

and is similar to the doctrine of negligence.

Either cause of action allows the injured plaintiff to sue for actual damages (ie medical expenses), lost wages, pain and suffering and even punitive damages if the defendant acted with reckless disregard or malice.

Many people choose to hire a personal injury attorney, often on a contingency fee basis.

Please see:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_issues_for_consumers/lawyerfees_contingent.html

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer