I just received a call from" Freeman" 646Said I had just. I…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a call from "Michael Freeman" (###) ###-####Said I had just

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Florida) won $100MM dollars, he wanted me to send him $699.22 expenses to :***** Pt washington NY 11315 I told him I needed some time to get the money. not send ing any, I have no doubt it is a scam. just FYI. RD McClure,***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No it was just 30 minutes ago, I told him I had to raise the money. & to send me an email of what I was to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all I know, just hung up 15 mins ago. I have an address to send it to but I am sure it is not good either. I am not out anything, I just wanted you to know so maybe you could put the police on them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately the FTC has an advisory out against lottery scams and the red flags they mention specifically are:

1. if you have not entered a contest, then it is a scam

2. if they are requesting money up front, then it is a scam

please see:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2017/07/fake-publishers-clearing-house-scams

All of the warning signs are listed here:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199-prize-scams#signs

A complaint can be filed here which may protect others:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

Very glad you reached out to verify before sending money.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: