Statute of limitations - soliciting prostitution. Colorado…

Statute of limitations -...

Statute of limitations - soliciting prostitution.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

12/9/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Code 18-7-202 deals with solicitation:

18-7-202. Soliciting for prostitution. (1) A person commits soliciting for prostitution if he: (a) Solicits another for the purpose of prostitution; or (b) Arranges or offers to arrange a meeting of persons for the purpose of prostitution; or (c) Directs another to a place knowing such direction is for the purpose of prostitution. (2) Soliciting for prostitution is a class 3 misdemeanor. A person who is convicted of soliciting for prostitution may be required to pay a fine of not more than five thousand dollars in addition to any penalty imposed by the court pursuant to section 18-1.3-501, which additional fine shall be transferred to the state treasurer, who shall transfer the same to the prostitution enforcement cash fund created in section 24-33.5-513, C.R.S.

also please see;

18-7-205. Patronizing a prostitute. (1) Anyperson who performs anyof the followingwith a person not his spouse commits patronizing a prostitute: (a) Engages in an act of sexual intercourse or of deviate sexual conduct with a prostitute; or (b) Enters or remains in a place of prostitution with intent to engage in an act of sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct. (2) Patronizing a prostitute is a class 1 misdemeanor. A person who is convicted of patronizing a prostitute may be required to pay a fine of not more than five thousand dollars in addition to any penalty imposed by the court pursuant to section 18-1.3-401 or 18-1.3-503, which additional fine shall be transferred to the state treasurer, who shall transfer the same to the prostitution enforcement cash fund created in section 24-33.5-513, C.R.S.

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/images/olls/crs2016-title-18.pdf

The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor is 18 months.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Friend was caught up in a potential sting. Was spending time nursing the now convicted prostitute (who was a friend) after a back surgery and was there daily administering medication and generally taking care of her, thus his visits were daily. Police tried to convince her to "flip" as they were convinced he was a John or a pimp - he was just helping her. She has since been convicted, but police persist.

In that case it is best to hire an attorney to ensure that during the investigation the individual does not make any incriminating statements and also to present a solid defense should the prosecution decide to prosecute. The statute of limitations runs from the date of the last offense.

The last offense I am told was at least 3 years ago, but they have both ended up being good friends and not engaged in any sexual activity. There is no evidence or trail of any illegal activity, although they have confiscated electronics etc. I keep telling him not to worry about it and to get a lawyer just in case.
No incriminating statements were made.

Yes, if electronics have been investigated and there is an ongoing investigation then it is best to hire an attorney; the statute of limitations vary depending on the crime so it is possible they are investigating a different crime with a longer statute of limitations.

I don't think he has anything to worry about as he also has vast amounts of emails/text etc. with the hospital before, during and after the surgery as his reason for being there daily. There is no evidence I am told.

For example:

18-7-206. Pimping. Any person who knowingly lives on or is supported or maintained in whole or in part bymoney or other thing of value earned, received, procured, or realized by any other person through prostitution commits pimping, which is a class 3 felony.

That carries a 3 year statute of limitations.

Nope, none of that. He just got her through a very bad surgery.

Yes, I'm just letting you know the statute of limitations for the various offenses.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

You are most welcome;

hope everything works out for your friend- but please encourage the retention of an attorney during any investigation.

The state bar has a referral program:

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/aboutlawyers/Pages/StaticPage-72.aspx

These statutes are for Colorado?

Yes those are Colorado statute; I included the wrong referral -one moment please

http://www.cobar.org/Find-a-lawyer

here is a link to the actual CO statutes:

the 18 month statute of limitation you stated was for Colorado?
All the above is for CO except the attorney referral
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer