A coworker was to keep a conversation confidential have it…

A coworker was to...

A coworker was to keep a conversation confidential have it in writing but she posted to social media naming a person I said I could sue for slander and also mentioning I thought he was stalking me but hired a pi who didn't find anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I'm worried this individual can now sue me who I talked about and wondering if they sue me can I sue her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes coworkers and others seem to have access to this site and it isn't the first time a coworker has posted about me

12/9/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
A person can be sued for publication of a false fact, that is not an opinion. So for example if a person says they think someone is stalking them, that is an opinion. If they state a person is stalking them and it is true, that is not defamation. If they state the person is stalking them and it is false, that is defamatory.An agreement to keep something confidential may be deemed a contract but it must be a bargained for exchange in order to be legally binding. Basically someone must give up something, which is called consideration in exchange for something else.If a person repeats a rumor or something that is false that person can be liable as well as the originator of the rumor or false information. The court will often apportion damages between codefendants based on degree of fault. If one person is sued and the other party is not named as a codefendant the named defendant can join them in the suit.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you!
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Here were my exact words. "I was trying to prove a small business owner was stalking me so I hired a pi and wasn't able to prove it." I think my coworker falsely worded it to include the guys name.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started