I would like to know if any of the attorneys on line would…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if any of the attorneys on line would be able to draft a "Net Listing Agreement". Basically most listing agreements have the asking price the Seller and Broker agree on and the commission. I want to be able to put the amount the Seller wants to net and whatever I sell it for more on top of that is my commission. Its allowed in Florida. Any takers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Seems like an automated message, when a real human can read my question please reply

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/9/2017
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago
Edward Young

The only net listing agreement I could find online is for a timeshare. Here is the link to it:

http://www.pinnaclevacations.com/linked-documents/OpenNetListingAgreement.pdf

The reason that it is hard to find net listing agreements is that they are illegal in most states. I know that Florida permits them but they are fraught with potential conflicts. If the agent obtains a purchase offer far above the seller's net listing price, the seller may feel cheated and accuse the listing agent of not disclosing the home's true market value. Or, if the agent receives a low purchase offer close to the net price, yielding the listing agent little or no commission, the agent might be tempted to not present the offer to the seller.

A better alternative to a net listing is an exclusive right to sell with a listing price at the amount the seller wants to net, plus the listing agent's sales commission. If you need a copy of the exclusive right to sell agreement, here it is:

http://floridafutureagents.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Regular-house-listing.pdf

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have another question for me? If not, please rate me. That is the only way that I get credit for the work that I have done for you.

Thanks