We just received an "Injunction against Harassment" that was…

We just received an...

We just received an "Injunction against Harassment" that was petitioned for by our next door neighbor. The statements made to obtain the injection are lies. I am fine without talking to them or going on their property, etc. However, I am concerned that this could lead to them trying to get $$ form future fabrication. Should I get a lawyer and fight the injection or respond to the court ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, we were just now served a court order by an officer of the court, Gilbert AZ (where we live)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This likely was prompted by my web site posting on "Nextdoor" late Sunday AM complaining about their Saturday night into the Sunday 3 AM hours of singing loudly on and off and loud laughter, stating their address with the title, of Next door neighbor drunk fest. I took it down Sunday evening, the same day. Ok Thanks

12/9/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Is this a temporary order with a hearing date scheduled?
No. It was granted and we must appear in court if we want to change or dimiss the order.
Thank you. An injunction will often (depending on the company hired) appear on background checks so that may be a reason to attempt to get a dismissal. Also, if a party does not appear in court the court assumes that they are not disputing the facts. Harassment can give rise to tortious cause of actions (based on case law versus statutory) and may include a civil suit for defamation, for example. So if the post made it clear who was being referenced in the post, that may give rise to liability if the other party can prove the statement was false. A party may request the civil court to take judicial notice of the fact that the injunction was not disputed which may lead the judge to believe the facts alleged in the injunction were true.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Hiring a lawyer to provide a strong response.

Good to hear. Wishing you the best on this.

Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate 5 stars so the site credits me for my time. Thank you!

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer