What does the phrase "Transfer by Device" mean? This is a…

Customer Question
What does the phrase...

What does the phrase "Transfer by Device" mean? This is a phrase in a Real estate mortgage regarding when I do not need permission from the bank to transfer ownership. But I don't know what "Transfer by Device" means.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In Wisconsin.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. This is a mortgage on investment property

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I originated the Mortgage in my own name... then years later, changed the title of the property into a LLC. Now the bank is claiming I did this without their permission, and they are threatening to call the mortgage.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
There is a concept called transfer b devise
This refers to a transfer by will or other testamentary transfer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Does that include transfer into a LLC? I am the sole member in the LLC
it can encompass such transfers too.
Good luck!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney