I;m getting telephone calls from California 886-20_ 326 (?)

Customer Question
I;m getting telephone calls...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I;m getting telephone calls from California 886-20_ 326 (?) Telling me that my microsoft system is or may be being hacked etc. . . I am Richard Gunther***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

There is an advisory out from the FTC advising against giving any personal information to phone callers who state that a system has been hacked; they advise against giving control of one's computer to the caller.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2016/04/official-sounding-calls-about-email-hack

They specifically advise:

• Don’t give control of your computer to anyone who calls you offering to “fix” your computer.
  • Never give out or confirm your financial or sensitive information to anyone who contacts you.
  • Getting pressure to act immediately? That’s a sure sign of a scam. Hang up.
  • If you have concerns, contact your security software company directly. Use contact information you know is right, not what the caller gives you.

Reporting any scams here can help shut them down:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

Very glad you reached out!

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: