My mother died about 1 1/2 years ago. There is a small

Customer Question
My mother died about...

My mother died about 1 1/2 years ago. There is a small amount of cash in a checking account. What forms do I need to complete in ohio to clear this up.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have a death certificate and bank statements

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are 3 siplings

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry for your family's loss. Was probate ever opened or is the cash the only asset?

no
no probate was opened. there is about $1400.00 in cash

Unfortunately OH does not have the small estate affidavit that most states do so the next best thing is to seek a Release from Administration as authorized under code 2113.01, applicable to estates less than $35,000.

The person basically requests permission from the court to proceed without judicial oversight;

here is a link to what is required:

The applicant will need information on the asset, such as a bank statement;

please see:

https://probate.franklincountyohio.gov/departments/release-from-administration.cfm

http://probate.franklincountyohio.gov/public/documents/PDF/C3F60357-E74D-939D-398156752B9DD743.pdf

That information is applicable throughout the state; this particular court just had really good brochures explaining the process.

The clerk will be able to assist to verify the estate qualifies for the release.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: