I am was served a summons this morning from TD Bank USA,

Customer Question
I am was served...

I am was served a summons this morning from TD Bank USA, N.A. as successor in interest to target national bank what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennesee Williamson county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It just states civil summons to appear in court on March 19t

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Are they suing you for a debt? Do you need to file an answer/respond or just appear on the 19th of March?

a debt, that looks like it was sold.

Thank you for the reply. You want to read everything and see if a written answer/response is needed or if you can just appear on the date stated. If there is a timeline to respond, you need to do so to avoid being defaulted You can raise any defenses which you may have, that would prevent them from collecting on this and getting a judgment. Now, if you know you owe the debt and want to resolve this, you can also contact the attorney and see if they want to settle and can accept a lump sum payment or work out a payment plan.

Do I have to show up in court or can I give a written statement? I just sent you a pic of the summons.
I am not able to read it in that format but you will need to show up and appear in person on the court date. This is not something that can be resolved through the mail and in writing.