My daughter purchased a truck, title in her name but

My daughter purchased a...

My daughter purchased a truck, title in her name but boyfriend drives the vehicle. She has split from him and he has paperwork on vehicle. how can she reclaim vehicle?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2008 in PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He's on parole

12/8/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the title is in her name, even if he drives it and even if he has the paperwork, she has a right to the truck. If he will not surrender it to her voluntarily, she needs to contact the police for their assistance in recovering her vehicle, since it is titled and registered in her name they can verify it in the computer. If the police will not assist, which they should, then she needs to apply to PennDOT for duplicate title and then she can pay a repossession company to go get the vehicle OR she has to sue him in court for the return of the vehicle or payment for cost of the vehicle.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply.