Trying to close on a mtg loan and we have our home in a

Customer Question
trust. The closing people sent...
Trying to close on a mtg loan and we have our home in a trust. The closing people sent me 3 options and I need to know which one to pick.If I send them to you can you help?? Need an attorney
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

What are the three options offered?

They are quite long can I email them to you?
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

You can paste them into the chat thread.

Don’t know how to do that
1. Joint Tenants aka joint tenants with right of survivorship
2. Tenants in common
3. Tenants by the entirety
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

The closing company wants you to change title of your property, out of your trust, prior to completing the mortgage loan?

Can we put it back in a trust or can the title co. do it??
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, you may do so. However, I am unclear on why the closing company needs you to take it out of the trust in the first place. Have they explained why they need you to do this?

Said that they cannot do a mortgage on property that is in trust
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

That is very odd. But, yes, you can transfer the property out of the trust and then transfer back into the trust.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

However, it is very strange that this is an issue for the mortgage.