During an IRS audit does the IRS have to inform you that…

Customer Question
During an IRS audit...

During an IRS audit does the IRS have to inform you that they will talking with 3rd parties?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Missouri but this is the IRS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I had an in office audit with the IRS and was requested to send by mail more documents and that was 3 weeks ago when they received the documents hey requested.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. Are you speaking about a specific party?

it is myself that is being audited by the IRS

Right - who was the 3rd party?