Is there a way to find out if my husband made a trust of his…

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way to find out if my husband made a trust of his own

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None every time i talk about making one he gets upset and doesnt want to talk about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so'

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Do you think you are a remainder beneficiary of the trust? It does not appear you are a beneficiary, but you could be a remainder beneficiary when he dies. Has he indicated anything?

I dont know if he has one . is there a way to find out if he has a trust? Or any legal documents ? Every time I bring it up he gets upset and doesnt want to talk about it.
I dont have the money to spend
hello

Unfortunately, a Trust is not required to be filed with a court. So, there is no way to know if he has a trust or not. The only possibility is if you are named as a beneficiary or remainderman. If that were the case, then you could attempt to demand a copy.

I know this is not quite what you want to hear. We can continue to discuss.

what is the telephone number

Are you requesting a phone call from Just Answer? Is that why you are asking for a telephone number?