In a chapter 7 reopening a bankruptcy, what happens to the…

Customer Question
In a chapter 7...

In a chapter 7 reopening a bankruptcy, what happens to the proceeds when a creditor file a claim

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The appointed trustee file for the creditors, since no one filed a claim

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today Could you tell me what specific claim that you are referencing?

what do you mean, all I want is some specific answer I have an attorney

You said that a creditor filed a claim; however, I want to understand what specific claim you are referencing so I can answer your question accurately:-)

the case# *****:09-bk-13969

Hi, unfortunately, I don't have access to the PACER system to allow me to access the court records; however, if you could help me understand the claim that the creditor filed and providing maybe some background, that would be fantastic:-)

The trustee reopen a 2009 ch.7 bankruptcy to tap in on a settlement that I received from the case, he reached out to the creditors I had at the time, but no one file a claim,the case have been settled all but the distrubiton of the money to the creditors.what to the money if the creditors don't cash the checks.

I see. Unfortunately, I think that this may be a bit outside of my expertise. I'm very sorry. What I can do though is opt out and let another one of our attorney experts help you out in this situation. I would probably also recommend a phone call with a new expert. It's $59; however, it adds a ton of value to your situation.