Recently I had a new.exterior door put in my home that went…

Customer Question
Recently I had a...

Recently I had a new.exterior door put in my home that went south. It now leaks and I am dissatisfied. I paid 2700.00. Who do I seek help from

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alaska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

I'm sorry - that clearly isn't acceptable. You have a couple of options: you could reach out to the company that installed the door and see if they would be willing to repair it; it's a new door, as you describe, so they should be willing to. If the contractor who installed it isn't willing to help you may also want to reach out to the manufacturer. You can sue them in small claims court if they're unwilling to repair the door. You can also file a claim with your homeowners insurance - but that would be your last resort.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. Could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question (assuming you don't need any clarification - but definitely ask if you do!) so that I receive credit for working with you. It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively (3, 4, 5 stars - 5 stars ★★★★★ is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

He is unwilling. So it looks like small claims is my answer

Yes. And if you need any help with that, I'd be happy to answer those questions as well.