My husband is an alcoholic & chronic smoker. We are in a…

Customer Question
My husband is an...

My husband is an alcoholic & chronic smoker. We are in a marriage that is not good. How can I get away from him & not be homeless or lose evrything I owned when we met?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I am disabled, on SSD & do not have extra money.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no family & am scared he will try to take everything from me. He had a garbage bag of clothes & a guitar when I met him. I has a home, job, car & a house full of furniture.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify:

1) Do you have children together? If so, how old are they?

2) How long have you been married?