I am 81 years old and am seeking legal help for a where my…

Customer Question
I am 81 years...

I am 81 years old and am seeking legal help for a where my son-in-law took possession of our home in Springfield, Delaware County, Pennsylvania to take care of. In return, he and his wife Sarah, my daughter, would stay for free while they would take care of our home. This was in July 2004. my wife which we entrusted to them before we relocated here in Hurst, Texas. This was after we both retired.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am 81 years old and am seeking legal help for a where my son-in-law took possession of our home in Springfield, Delaware County, Pennsylvania to take care of. In return, he and his wife Sarah, my daughter, would stay for free while they would take care of our home. This was in July 2004. my wife which we entrusted to them before we relocated here in Hurst, Texas. This was after we both retired. However, after we moved shortly thereafter, Timothy Moleski (my daughter's husband SOLD our house to themselves using a FAKE DEED and counterfeited our signatures...they refuse to leave claiming it is their home despite the fact I have the DEED. Please help.Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. I filed with the District Attorney in Media, the township center. He has practically done nothing. I wrote the Justice Department in Washington DC and they recommended Atty. Catania of Media, the township center...only to tell me he would charge $750 "JUST TO READ" the original DEED...I think there is something utterly corrupt with this lawyer..Both my wife and I are retired. Am 81 yrs. old and my wife is 80. Please help. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If possible, we would seek some kind of Legal Aid we can afford since we are both retired...PLEASE HELP. Thank you. I have the ORIGINAL DEED and we can discuss Attorney Fee.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case. I am sorry this happened. Procedurally you would need to sue them to void the transfer on theory of fraud. This would be done in state court.Local counsel would handle it. You would need a real estate litigation lawyer locally. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer can also threaten to sue which may prompt them to deed it back! By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
SUPER! Thank you. Can I come in person so I can present documents regarding this case?
Very welcome. You would make an appt with local counsel to handle the matter.Again, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Great, thanks. You should have a rating button on your page too. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Phone call session started

Thank you for taking the call.

First and foremost, this is a criminal offense in Pennsylvania of forgery. If you show the police or the DA your original deed and they get the fake deed from him. The police or the DA will order a handwriting example from you and him. If the handwriting does not match he will be arrested for forgery.

In addition to forgery, as you are older than 65, this is also a financial abuse of the elderly case and you can also report it to the Pennsylvania Department of Adult Protective Services: http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/reportabuse/dhsadultprotectiveservices/

In the meantime, you also need to get an also need to get a local real estate attorney in PA to file suit in court against him to invalidate the deed and you can get one in that county at the same site used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org

Please, you do need to file a criminal complaint for forgery though and provide them the deed and insist they do a handwriting comparison on the deed he claims is his deed to prove it was a forgery.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Did you need further assistance from us?