My son is in jail accused of theft. His attorney has filed…

Customer Question
My son is in...

My son is in jail accused of theft. His attorney has filed for dismissal. The DA has also filed to dismiss. Can the judge do this before the court date of Jan 11 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Elba, Al 36323

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My son Has a court appointed laser that he has not seen. He has been in jail since sep 2017

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You need to talk to your son's lawyer to make this come about, but, yes, the judge can dismiss the case before the court date and order your son released if he wishes to. Here, since the DA agrees that a dismissal is appropriate, the dismissal will be granted and it's only a question of when. Your son's lawyer can help this get expedited.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.