My son who is 17 is facing a bad situation from a girl he…

Customer Question
My son who is...

My son who is 17 is facing a bad situation from a girl he used to date. I would normally say it is just the ups and downs of teenage romance, but in this case she is claiming something that could keep him from getting into college, or keep him from getting a job or worse legal action. The claim is false and we have proof, but do I need to do something legally to protect him now before it goes any farther? She is posting it on social media as well as telling people outright. I am very worried!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas, but it is high school not a job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, and she claims she told her psychologist, but wouldn't he be bound to contact the law. I think it is another lie.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. Can you tell me a little more about what's happened or about what these allegations are?

She claims that in the summer of 2016 he raped her. This is false and she never brought it up to any one or any authorties until much later. She also sent text saying she lied about it but now is starting it up agian. She and him had a bad break up and she is I believe now to be very mentally unbalanced as she makes claims all the time about hurting herself.
I cannot talk on the phone i'm at work
I thought this was free advise, Thanks for nothing.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

The phone call request is auto generated by the site, so if it's not something you're interested in right now, please feel free to disregard it.

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

The site is a paid for service though, billing is all handled through customer support, not by myself or any of the other attorneys, but I do know there is a price per question.

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son and about the false allegations against him.

Has a police report been filed?

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

You are correct that if she is still a minor, the psychiatrist would be mandated under law to report a rape.

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

If that didn't happen, and if no police report has been filed, then you should consult with an attorney to write a cease and desist letter to stop this young lady from making false allegations across social media, etc.

Her mental health or threats to herself also lend credence to the fact that she may be harassing or trying to manipulate your son.

Has any of this been discussed with her parents? Or the threats she's made to herself?