I'm disabled the landlord won't do anything. I have no smoke…

Customer Question
I'm disabled the landlord...

I'm disabled the landlord won't do anything. I have no smoke detectors, I don't have a lease. She refused to give me a statement for assistance. She never notify me about anything. She has 2 1/2 rooms full of their things threaten to kick me out all the time I'm a stroke patient I don't need the stress. She walks in uninvited. Her best friend came in my home without permission please help me I have no transportation and no ideal what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't say all this on a text please help and contact me right away

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You need to call Adult Protection Services first and foremost http://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-73971_7119_50647---,00.html and complain about abuse of the disabled, since her conduct coming into your premises that you lease without an invitation is a breach of lease and also abusing you because you cannot defend yourself.

Also, you can file a complaint with MI Fair Housing as well: http://www.michigan.gov/mshda/0,4641,7-141-5515_53192---,00.html

Neither of those cost you anything and provide assistance to the disabled in your situation.

If you cannot get them to resolve the issues, then you need to file a lawsuit by going to your local legal aid office (or Adult Protection can assist in directing you to legal aid) and suing the landlord for breach of the lease.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney