I had renters who didn't have jobs because they didn't have…

Customer Question
I had renters who...

I had renters who didn't have jobs because they didn't have cars... i bought them cars with myself as lien holder , i did this totally out of my trying to give them a chance in life . . my big mistake on advice of local car dealer and in my haste - i signed (forged) their names on titles , ended up having to evict them for unpaid rent and utilities , i have one car and title in my posession , but , thank you no i am not stupid enough to try to forge signature on title , i knew i shouldn't have done that on registration application . . how much trouble am i in regarding gorged signature .. do i have chance of reposession .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I sent them certified letter that i was gonna reposess. . the letter came back .. i texted her if she would have the boyfriend sign title of vehicle i have in my posession ..., she told me to get real..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess no , just how much trouble am i in for signing their names.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Forgery in WI is a Class H felony. Class H and I felonies are punishable by fines of up to $10,000, prison terms of up to six years (for class H) or three years and six months (for Class I); or both imprisonment and a fine.
You are going to need to retain a local attorney to unravel this. If you are charged with a crime, and your prior record is clean, the attorney will likely negotiate a plea to a lesser charge and just result in a fine with no jail time.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!