Earlier tonight I was in a heated discussion on Facebook…

Customer Question
Earlier tonight I was...

Earlier tonight I was in a heated discussion on Facebook with an individual I have never interacted with before, and long story short, after shaming her in the discussion thread, this woman, who again, ive never met or interact with before, ie stranger, runs a background check on me without my permission and posted the summary of the search on Facebook. I have since taken screen shots and voiced my displeasure and am now curious as to any legal recourse I may take if any. If it helps, this individual has a profile picture of herself dressed in her company uniform, and has her employer prominently displayed on her page. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Also if it helps, she lives in a completely different state than myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm in Ohio, she's in montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her employer is a clinic in Billings, Montana and may or may not have used a work computer to perform this shady at best background check

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against her with her employer and the Police Station in Montana.

You should also file complaint with Facebook.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.