What is the statute of limitation for forgery in MD? My

What is the statute...

What is the statute of limitation for forgery in MD? My estranged husband had my signature forged on some retirement documents 20-21 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO, but if its 20 years I am screwed

12/8/2017
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Forgery is a type of fraud. Depending on the amounts involved it is either a felony or a misdemeanor. The Statute of Limitations on these crimes ranges from 1 to 3 years.

https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2005/gcj/5-106.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer