I recently applied for financing to purchase furniture. I…

Customer Question
I recently applied for...

I recently applied for financing to purchase furniture. I reviewed the lease agreement and noticed that it was signed. This is not my signature, nor did I sign anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted the finance company and asked them to cancel my application. It has not been done. The lease agreement was submitted by the furniture company, not me.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Is the finance company holding you to the contract? Was this discussed with the retailer? Was a different contract signed or an alternative form of payment?
I ask the finance company to cancel my application. I checked my account and it is currently active. The retailer is who submitted the lease to the finance company. No other contract was signed. I never signed a contract at all.
Do not call
Tina, Lawyer