I have been deceived by an online college named Ashford

Customer Question
I have been deceived...

I have been deceived by an online college named Ashford University and I am stuck

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I Don't know which state the school is in, but I live in California.anyway, I am stuck with having to pay off a loan which is now in collections.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Did they mislead you about the program? If so you can contest their fees and associated debts.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Good luck! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!