Riverside Dermatology owes me $1557. due to both my

Customer Question
Riverside Dermatology owes me...

Riverside Dermatology owes me $1557. due to both my insurance and I paying for a claim for services rendered in April 2017. In Nov. I visited one of their doctors for an appointment and they are saying they can't return my money for the Apr. visit until my insurance has acted on the new claim for the Nov. service. I have been a patient at their office for years and have never missed paying my share of claim promptly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Insurance claims have been filed for the Nov. appnt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear there is a balance from April and they are applying it to November until the insurance company pays the November bill?
Does the contract state the patient is ultimately responsible for the billing?

It appears that is what they are doing. Yes, the patient is ultimately responsible for payment. The Nov. charge is $400-500 less.
The issue is that they have had my money for over four months. Why should they be able to hold the money not even knowing at the time the duplicate payment was made that I would ever have an additional charge. They phoned me in Oct. asking for my address to which to send the refund but never sent it. 10 days later I revisited the doctor's office for a new appointment.
What additional info do you need?

Thank you;

I certainly understand your frustration and agree with the logic of it but unfortunately the law is not always logical. For example, for an open ended account, if there is a balance on the account and the customer incurs additional charges, then generally the - none, I'm almost done with my reply.

practice (unless the contract states otherwise or there is a statute that precludes the practice and a review of the Fl statutes did not address that issue) is to offset the additional charges against the balance.

Had the refund been issued that would be a different circumstance but when it is "on the books" it can be applied to future charges unless the contract states otherwise.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: