Riverside Dermatology owes me $1557. due to both my

Customer Question
Riverside Dermatology owes me...

Riverside Dermatology owes me $1557. due to both my insurance and I paying for a claim for services rendered in April 2017. In Nov. I visited one of their doctors for an appointment and they are saying they can't return my money for the Apr. visit until my insurance has acted on the new claim for the Nov. service. I have been a patient at their office for years and have never missed paying my share of claim promptly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Insurance claims have been filed for the Nov. appnt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Has the insurance company confirmed anything about what the office is saying?

Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I see the other expert opted out.
Let me take over!
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!