My son and his 1 year old daughter was evicted from his apt,

Customer Question
My son and his...

My son and his 1 year old daughter was evicted from his apt, they need the baby bottle and food but are not allowed in what are is options.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Paterson NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He went to court today to try to get a stay but the judge and the landlord lawyer just said your evicted,,he had filed a complaint about two weeks ago about the conditions and also had the health inspector come in . The landlord was given a list for repairs and after that they posted aeviction note but posted it on the wrong apt. he didn't find out that he was being evicted until last night. They came this morning evicted him and now he has nowhere to live with a baby.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son name is*****(###) ###-#### he is very upset crying, saying that he should just die maybe then his daughter will get some help. He is a hard working person, he got behind in rent and thought he had time to get it all.He ask them to take his security deposit toward the rent,they just laughed at him.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

He has a right to get his property and belongings from the premises. If the landlord will not allow him to enter, he would need to contact the local police for a civil assist just to remove his personal belongings from the apartment. If the police will not assist, then I am afraid you would need to take him in or you would need to get him to a local homeless center until he can get assistance from one of the local community service groups or religious groups who help people in his situation get at least temporary housing and shelter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.