In the state of Wisconsin, how do I have to file a lawsuit…

Customer Question
In the state of...

In the state of Wisconsin, how long do I have to file a lawsuit with the insurance company pertaining to a car wreck?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This would be a torte.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Medical claim.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

For a Wisconsin personal injury accident, the Statute of Limitations is 3 years, meaning an injury victim has 3 years from the date of the accident to settle their claim or file a lawsuit. See Section 893.54 Wisconsin Statutes.

We can discuss further if you would like to do so.

Do you have any further questions? if so, I am happy to continue to assist you.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.