Are you located in Colorado? Who would I report it to? i…

Customer Question
Are you located in...

Are you located in Colorado?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, who would I report it to? i called a crisis line to talk to, and i NEVER said I would harm my self, and ended up locked in a mental health hospital againt my will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called the crisis center to get a transcript of the call, but was told they dont record calls!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your actual question for us about this issue?

I was visiting my fiancé in Wisconsin, as well as all of my friends and family. I was very very happy until the plane landed in Denver. I began to cry because I just left everyone. It turned into a panic attack so I called my clinics crisis line, and suddenly, I am in handcuffs being taken to the hospital. I NEVER said I wanted to hurt myself or others, I just needed someone to talk to. I’ve been trying to get a transcript of the conversation and I was told that they don’t record calls, which is absurd. I’m in danger of losing my children because of this. I have 2 8yr old boys, and I’m getting married in July! I would NEVER kill myself!! But I cannot get proof from them that I didn’t say it!
I ended up locked up in a mental hospital for 4 days against my will.
Also, I spoke to a therapist when I got to the hospital and I told him I just had a BAD day!! And he said we get a lot of people here with “bad day syndrome “
Hello?

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the delay, I got tied up at an office matter.

If they have no transcript, which is true because they do not record their calls, I am not sure what you really are asking from us, because it will remain your word against their word.

That’s why I need help. To try to get something from the clinic that says I’m NOT suicidal so I can prove it to my ex husband for one thing, and I want to go after them for having me against my will in that horrible clinic. I can’t lose my kids!

Thank you for your reply.

It would be in your medical records if you went in and were not suicidal, so you are entitled to get your own medical records by subpoena, since they are mental health records, to prove you were never suicidal. That is the only way you can get the information. If it is not in the facility records, then there is nowhere else the information would be other than you going to get a new examination and have the new doctor testify that you are not suicidal and have no danger of being suicidal, which would prove your current condition and that is what the court cares about when it comes to custody.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney