I am needing to mail my sister her prescription drugs in the…

Customer Question
I am needing to...

I am needing to mail my sister her prescription drugs in the state but I am seeing mixed answers on whether this is legal

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. Why do you need to mail her HER prescription? Why doesn't she have her prescription? Is she unable to pick it up herself? Are you shipping a narcotic?

She previously lived with me and her 90 day supply was shipped to my house, she moved and didn’t change the info in time so they still came to my house. No none are narcotics,

There is no restriction, per the USPS website, for shipping prescription medication. https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Please let me know if I've answered your question. Could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question (assuming you don't need any clarification - but definitely ask if you do!) so that I receive credit for working with you. It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively (3, 4, 5 stars - 5 stars ★★★★★ is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.