We had heracane damage and we have not been able to get a…

Customer Question
We had heracane damage...

We had heracane damage and we have not been able to get a contractor or price to fix yet our insurance company wants to send us a check for what they feel it will be to fix --if they send check and the amount for the repair is more do they have to send another check what is florida law thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No its our cage around pool we called the company who installed it but they said to busy call in march

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. Generally, FL law is not going to cover this particular situation; however, contract law will. If you receive a check from the insurance company, one of the most important things to find out is whether your acceptance of that check is final or whether you would be able to request more money as a result. In many cases, if you accept a settlement check, then you are bound to that particular check amount. On the other hand, if the insurance company says that they will give you a check so you can put a deposit on work or actually try to finish the work, but you can request more money under you policy if necessary, then you will be able to accept it. What's going to be crucial is going to be understanding the terms of your agreement for accepting that check.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Tina, Lawyer