How can i remove a misdemeanor from my dvr, im in ga and i…

Customer Question
How can i remove...

How can i remove a misdemeanor from my dvr

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Im in ga and i was young i got a misdemanor for less than an ounce of mrijuana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that i drive trucks and i cant find a better job with it on my mrv

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

how can i remove a misdemeanor from my mvr
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

What was the final disposititon on your case, was it closed with a conviction?

Was it charged as a youthful offender?

when i was young i got a misdemeantor for less than an ounce of marijuana i had to pay probation and take a dui class
but after six months i paid off my probation
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I noticed you requested a phone call, and I'm happy to speak with you over the phone, but it appears there was an issue with processing payment for it.

You can contact customer support and they'll be able to help you get this resolved, so that we can get connected. You can reach a customer support agent here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

ill continue typing
i don't want the phone call i don't have that type of money so i'll continue to type please
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

GA has some relatively strict limitations on which cases can be expunged.

In order to find out whether your case would qualify, can you please answer the prior questions I sent?

I'll re-type them below:

(1.) What was the final disposititon on your case, was it closed with a conviction?

(2.) Was it charged as a youthful offender?

when i was young i got a charge of a misdemeanor of less than an ounce of marijuana i got probation and had to take a dui class but after six months i had paid off
1. i guess it was a convection im not sure about question 2
I'm guessing to the question number one it was a conviction because I got probation for it I'm not sure about the question number 2
are we still connected
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Yes, I'm still here. I've just received your responses. Give me just a moment to type up my response, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for your responses to my questions.

Unfortunately I don't have the best news. Under GA law, if the case was closed with a conviction then it is not eligible for expungement.

Convicitions cannot be expunged under GA law.

If however your case was closed with a dismissal -- which often happens for first time offenders who enroll in a pre trial diversion program -- then it can be expunged. You actually would no longer even need to fill out an application for this, but rather the prosecutor can order it in court at the close of the case.

Based on the information you shared though, having been on probation, etc. it does sound likely that the case did close with a conviction.

To be sure, you can go into the Clerk's Office at the courthouse where the case was heard, and request a copy of your final case disposition. This will state definitively whether or not it was a conviction.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

OKAY!
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Please remember to click 'Finish' and leave a positive rating so that I can be credited for my help with your question. 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

i can't see your response you are sending t
them to my phone in a text and i'm online
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I can resend the prior messages if you didn't receive them.

I am also online and responding to the online chat.

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Thanks for your responses to my questions. Unfortunately I don't have the best news. Under GA law, if the case was closed with a convictionthen it is not eligible for expungement. Convicitions cannot be expunged under GA law. If however your case was closed with a dismissal -- which often happens for first time offenders who enroll in a pre trial diversion program -- then it can be expunged. You actually would no longer even need to fill out an application for this, but rather the prosecutor can order it in court at the close of the case. Based on the information you shared though, having been on probation, etc. it does sound likely that the case did close with a conviction. To be sure, you can go into the Clerk's Office at the courthouse where the case was heard, and request a copy of your final case disposition. This will state definitively whether or not it was a conviction. I hope that helps!Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!7 Dec 2017, 2:15 PM
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

7 Dec 2017, 2:27 PM

hello all your responses are coming to my phone in a text an i can't see can you please send them to me online please!!!
i'm still here waiting
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm typing to you on the chat online. You may be having some technical difficulties on your end.